Saturday 12 April 2014

Loas Thakhet To Vientiane



Day 9-10 Thakhet to Seno 

110 km 7 1/2 hours - Seno to Vientiane 459 km 9 1/2 hours

Thakhet To Seno


Thakhet To Vientiane




Well my plan was to stop in Thakhet for another night but to be honest the wacky decor in the hotel plus the annoying man on the desk was enough, so i decided to head for a little place in Seno that may spark my interest.


The mighty Mekong


Beautiful Wat near the hotel in Thakhet


So a nice easy ride South brought me to the house of i’ll repute called the Nana Hotel in which spent the rest of the day and night joyfully.


Ironically this was not the place my mate had mentioned, so a return visit to the area is called for


I did spot this very nice PTT near the hotel which had a very nice Amazon coffee shop, first i had ever seen in Laos!!


That night another storm and another power cut kept things moist overnight.


Think this where i should have stayed, a little further up the road.


The next morning a pretty tedious ride along route 13 running along the Mekong to my next stop Vientiane


Some nice temples along the way






Funeral procession



Arrived in Vientiane, it was like a mad house tried the Heritage Hotel but it was closed down, Don’s place was locked up and everywhere was asking crazy money, so after several faces full of water and red power (that screwed up my contact lenses) i decided to head to the West side of town since that would be my direction the next morning.


Riding through the deluge of water i caught this little gem out of the corner of my eye @ 100 k Kip a night. The Khamsaner Hotel




And the delightful Gait 



Went out for some beer and meat on a stick and that was me done for the night.



Day 11 Along the Mekong to Chom Cheng border point to follow.





No comments:

Visiting the Mlabri (Yellow Leaf People)

One year now since our friend Auke passed away suddenly, I promised Sieste (Aukes son) that we on Ride Asia would do our best to honour thi...